The Center for Institutional Effectiveness (CIE) was created in 2004. Its mission is to promote institutional policies, practices and activities that enhance institutional effectiveness. It fosters on campus a culture that values inquiry, evidence and collaboration and supports college-wide decision-making and planning initiatives by collecting, analyzing and reporting information about the college.
While the Center’s activities, initiatives and projects will vary over time in response to changing needs, its current emphasis is on institutional research, strategic planning and assessment.
A. Karolina Wolfe, Dean of Assessment, Accreditation & Compliance
- Office: A326, Phone: 201-879-3055, [email protected]
Dr. Tonia McKoy, Managing Director, Institutional Research
- Office: A315, Phone: 201-612-5564, [email protected]
Madeline J. Trimble, Senior Research Associate
- Office: A315, Phone: 201-879-3626, [email protected]
CIE Assessment Fellows
The CIE Assessment Fellows facilitate outcomes assessment work conducted by Bergen faculty and staff in the areas of student learning and administrative and educational support. They promote the communication and utilization of outcomes and results. In collaboration with the General Education Committee and the Learning Assessment Committee, the Fellows also address the General Education assessment needs of the college.
The Fellows are responsible for (1) working with department liaisons, unit leaders and key stakeholders to ensure the development of high quality and meaningful assessment plans, (2) assisting and mentoring faculty and staff in all phases of outcomes assessment, (3) creating and conducting workshops and forums to expand the assessment knowledge base, (4) publishing the Center for Institutional Effectiveness Newsletter, (5) attending regional/national conferences, and (6) assisting in the preparation of reports and documents for Middle States accreditation.
Current CIE Assessment Fellows
- Dr. Amarjit Kaur, Managing Director, Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning
- Dr. Ilene Kleinman, Dean of Curriculum and Scheduling
- Joanna Campbell, Professor, Dental Hygiene
- Maureen Ellis-Davis, Assistant Professor, Sociology
- Melissa Krieger, M.S. Ed, Assistant Professor, Social Sciences
- Issue 15 – Spring 2019
- Issue 14 – Fall 2018/Winter 2019
- Issue 13 – Spring 2018
- Issue 12 – Fall 2017
- Issue 11 – Spring 2017
- Issue 10 – Fall 2016
- Issue 9 – Spring 2016
- Issue 8 – Fall 2015/Winter 2016
- Issue 7 – Summer 2015
- Issue 6 – Fall 2014/Winter 2015
- Issue 5 – Spring 2014
- Issue 4 – Fall 2013
- Issue 3 – Spring 2013/Summer 2013
- Issue 2 – Fall 2012/Winter 2013
- Issue 1 – Spring 2012