Hotel & Restaurant Management
The Hotel and Restaurant Management program was instituted in 1974 and have since kept pace with the needs of employers in the Hospitality industry. The program emphasizes culinary arts, baking, catering, and hospitality and lodging. Students will learn and apply the regulations and standards which govern hospitality. In addition, the program prepares students to earn nationally recognized certifications including TIPS and ServSafe Certification for food handling and beverage service.
Through the Co-Op externship program, the program prepares students to become leaders with the ability to shape the future of the hospitality and culinary industry. With an increasingly favorable job projection outlook, they become prepared for numerous management and culinary positions in hotels, restaurants, catering halls, bakeries, and many other related areas of the profession.
The department has programs which include an Associate in Applied Science degree and several certificate options in Management, Culinary Arts, and Baking.
Program features include:
- Three commercial kitchens
- A formal student-run on campus restaurant (Bergen Room) where students gain experience operating a public restaurant
- An informal student-run restaurant (Bergen Café) with modified buffet service
- Diverse faculty experienced in all areas of management and culinary arts
- Externship Co-Op opportunities
- Day and evening classes
- Face-to-face, online and hybrid classes
- Work-Study abroad program in Italy