Center for Student Success (Counseling, Transfer and Careers)
The Center for student Success creates the opportunities for students to learn how learn throughout their academic careers.
Our services support students as they practice skills and habits for academic success, learn with and from their peers, reflect on their ongoing development as scholars.
Through partnerships with BCC faculty and staff, our work promotes a university culture that responds to students’ needs and affirms each student’s ability to achieve their goals.
The Center has a staff of Faculty and Professional Counselors who offer a wide variety of services for students.
- Assist students in determining which major to pursue
- Assist with academic planning (course selection and graduation requirements)
- Assist with navigation towards a path to academic success
- Discuss college resources and provide referrals when needed.
- Assist students by providing information about transferability of courses taken at Bergen
- Share information regarding articulation agreements with four-year colleges and transfer process
- Lead transfer workshops and organize transfer fairs
- Provide transfer resources for students
- Prepare students to meet their individual career goals through career counseling
- Provide experience learning opportunities through Co-op, internships, and service learning
- Host workshops on resume development, interview skills and job search
- Link students with job opportunities through College Central
- Handles the paperwork for student Federal Work Study and On-Campus Employment
- Counsel students, individually and in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to student life, and making changes
- Act as student advocates in order to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations
- Refer students to community resources or specialists as necessary
The Center for Student Success
Room A-118, Pitkin Education Center (1st Floor)
E-mail: [email protected]
Last Student Intake:
- During peak registration time students should arrive at least 1.5 hours before Center for Student Success closes.
- Last student intake:
– Monday and Thursday: 4:30 P.M.
– Tuesday and Wednesday: 5:30 P.M.
– Friday: 3:30 P.M.
- Walk-in appointments range from 5 to 15 minutes. If additional time is needed, a follow up appointment will be made.