All returning Deaf Services students are required to sign the electronic student agreement form before the first day of classes.
- Returning Student Agreement
Deaf Services will ONLY contact students at their BCC student email address. Please check it regularly.
- Need help with your BCC email: BCC student email
- Bring a copy of your Tutor Accommodation Form to the Tutoring Center in Room L-125.
- Make a ½ hour appointment with Margaret Roidi, the Supervisor for the Tutoring Center.
- Request an interpreter for your meeting with Margaret.
- Students must request interpreting services in advance.
- If you are planning to be absent, please contact Deaf Services immediately. Students that do not attend class and do not notify Deaf Services will be documented as a “no-show”. If a student is a “no show” for TWO (2) class meetings without the communicating/notifying the department, Deaf Services reserves the right to suspend interpreting services. Services may be resumed after an appointment with Deaf Services staff.
- If you are going to be late, notify Deaf services immediately AND the Interpreter via text message or email if at all possible.
- If the interpreter is late, the student should wait 5 minutes, then contact Deaf Services OR go to Deaf Services to report it and request another interpreter.
Students are responsible to complete the following:
- Request or cancel interpreters
- Notify Deaf Services of any change in your schedule
- See Academic Counselor
- Make sure you have Accommodation Forms
- Request Notetakers
- Apply for Financial Aid if neccessary (apply every spring)
- Give professors accommodation forms
- Make appointments for tutors with the Tutoring Center
Emergency Notification System
- Sign up each semester to be told when BCC is closed due to bad weather
- Emergency Notification System