Drug Free Schools and Campuses
Bergen Community College, in accordance with our mission, is committed to protecting the safety, health, and well-being of all students, employees, and members of our community. As a pillar of the Bergen community, we have made a strong commitment to ensure our campus is free of alcohol and illegal drugs. Recognizing that alcohol abuse and illegal drug use pose a threat to our educational mission, we have established policies and programs that balance our respect for the individual and concern for the community.
The Drug-Free Schools and Campus Regulations CFR 34, Subtitle A, Part 86 of the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act (DFSCA) require an institution of higher education to certify that it has adopted and implemented a program to prevent the unlawful possession, use or distribution of illicit drugs and alcohol by students and employees.
In compliance with the Drug Free Schools and Campus regulations, and as a part of our ongoing alcohol and drug prevention programs for students and employees, Bergen Community College annually distributes the following information:
- The Student Code of Conduct which clearly prohibits the unlawful possession, use, or distribution of alcohol and illicit drugs on our property or as a part of any of our activities;
- A description of applicable local, state or federal legal sanctions pertaining to the unlawful possession, use, or distribution of illicit drugs and alcohol;
- A description of health risks associated with the use of illicit drugs and the abuse of alcohol;
- A description of available drug and alcohol counseling, treatment, rehabilitation, and re-entry programs; and
- A clear statement of the disciplinary sanctions that the College will impose on students and employees who violate the policies.
Bergen Community College conducts regular reviews of our Health and Wellness prevention programs as well as Student and Employee conduct programs to determine effectiveness, implement needed changes, and to ensure disciplinary sanctions are consistently enforced.
- Student Code of Conduct
- Employee Code of Conduct
- Prevention and Education Services
References and Reports
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program (DAAPP)
- Biennial Review of Bergen Community College’s Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Prevention Program 2016-2017 & 2017-2018
For more information, please contact:
Rachel Lerner Colucci
Dean of Student Life and Conduct
[email protected], 201-447-7215
Dean of Student Support Services
[email protected], 201-447-7456
Director of Human Resources
[email protected], 201-689-7736