English Language Resource Center
Monday – Thursday:
9:30 am – 6:30 pm;
Friday: 9:30 am – 3:00 pm.
If you are a student at Bergen Community College and English is not your native language, you can come here for help with grammar, reading, writing, and speech.
We are open when classes are in session, and our services are free.
For information about ESL/ALP classes, see the ESL/American Language Program Department.
- Tutoring: You can make an appointment or drop-in for individual help.
- Group Tutoring: You can join with a tutor and other students to practice speaking, reading, or grammar.
- Workshops: Teachers offer workshops on grammar, pronunciation, and other topics.
- Intercultural Conversation Partners: Sign up for 30-minute conversations with fluent English speakers.
- World Language Partners: Schedule speech sessions with students who are trying to learn your native language.
- Books: You can borrow books for reading pleasure or books with answer keys for self-study.
- Links: We have listed many helpful sites for you.
- Teachers’ Page: Lesson plan links, favorite sites, sites with scores, writing help
- Tutoring Referrals: Academic Early Alert Pipeline – For students who are at risk academically
Faculty & Staff
- Leah Carmona: Faculty Liaison
- Marilyn Pongracz: ELRC Supervisor
- Dale Egan: ELRC Assistant Supervisor
For admissions information about the English as a Second Language/American Language Program at Bergen Community College, please call (201) 447-7196 or Email Admissions Office OR Email the ELRC or call (201) 612-5292