NJ STARS II
NJ STARS students who graduate from a community college within five semesters with a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or greater may qualify for NJ STARS II scholarships. Students earning Nursing or Engineering degrees are given an additional unfunded sixth semester to graduate.
- NJ STARS II will provide a $2,500 annual scholarship for NJ STARS students who earn their associate degrees at their community colleges with grade point averages of 3.25 or better and successfully transfer to any public or private New Jersey four-year college or university to earn their baccalaureate degrees.
- Qualifying NJ STARS II students will continue to have four semesters of NJ STARS II eligibility but must be enrolled at the four-year college or university within one semester from graduation at a community college.
- NJ STARS II students must maintain a 3.25 grade point average in their junior year to receive the scholarship in their senior year.
- Financial aid review for both federal (FAFSA) and state-based (HESAA) must be completed by the four-year college/university and HESAA by the appropriate deadlines in order to be eligible for the NJ STARS II program.
- Students whose families’ income equals or exceeds $250,000 will not be eligible for NJ STARS II.
HESAA (Higher Education Student Assistance Authority) NJ STARS II Fact Sheets & Brochure:
For more information, please visit www.njgrants.org .